VIDEO DVD The Achievable Dream Part one - Get ready
Are you a traveller on two wheels? Have you been inspired by the stories you've read on Horizons Unlimited? Or perhaps you watched the 'Long Way' series and it's got you thinking of a motorcycle trip to distant climes the markets of Marrakech, the Karakoram Highway in Pakistan, the salt flats of Bolivia, the Bungle Bungles of Australia, the Pan American to Tierra del Fuego?
Did you finally fork out for that dream bike built for high adventure, and you know every highway and byway within range of an annual vacation? Is something indefinable calling you farther afield… to the next country… the next continent?
But you've got questions:
* Is it safe?
* What do I need to know?
* Where and when should I go?
* And what the hell’s a carnet anyway?
Answering these questions - and many more - is the goal of the new definitive 'how-to' DVD series, "The Achievable Dream - The Motorcycle Adventure Travel Guide". This series is produced by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW travellers and founders of Horizons Unlimited, who have been helping people to achieve their dreams of traveling to faraway places on their bikes for over 10 years.
We also asked the many veteran travellers who attend Horizons Unlimited meetings to tell us their stories, give us their opinions, and share their hard-earned knowledge from their amazing motorcycle trips to every country on earth. And they have lots of opinions, sometimes contradictory, so you'll get lots of great ideas.
Filmed in broadcast quality wide screen, incorporating multiple cameras and with custom written vocals and music.
DVD 1 - Get Ready!
This DVD aims to inspire you to take the plunge, and start to prepare for the trip. This includes material from Grant and Susan Johnson’s own 'How to ride around the world on a motorcycle' presentation, taped in front of a live audience in 2008. This is supplemented by scenic images and video clips, dozens of interviews with seasoned travellers and presentations by experts.
Topics covered in this DVD include:
- Why go?
- Planning the trip - where and when to go
- Who to go with - travelling solo or with others
- Money, money, money - how much will it cost, and dealing with money on the road
- Paperwork - passports and visas, carnet de passage, bike permits and insurance, licenses
- Off-pavement riding - basic tips
- Health - travel medical and evacuation insurance, malaria, vaccinations
- Giving something back - voluntary work, environmental sensitivity
- The world of HU Travellers - Meetings and the global community of motorcycle travellers - 587+ Horizons Unlimited
communities in 98+ countries.
DVD 2 - Gear Up! (comming soon)
DVD 3 - On the Road (comming soon)
DVD 4 - Ladies on the Loose
Be warned, viewing this series may be a life-changing experience.
PAL DVD (not region locked)
Run time: 2 hours 34 minutes
|Delivery||Delivery 3 - 5 days|
|Use Distri Availability||No|